Cryotherapy, also known as cold therapy or ice treatment, is a technique used to lower your body temperature at the tissue and cellular level to achieve therapeutic benefits for different conditions. However, there are some side effects of cryotherapy that therapists should be aware of. If you wish to try its benefits, knowing who is NOT allowed to try it is important.
If you wonder what it works for, cryotherapy can be used to treat various skin conditions and even some types of cancer, such as prostate and liver cancer. This therapy can treat tissues externally and internally. But as with any treatment, there are exceptions.
Who CANNOT Opt for Cryotherapy?
Cold therapy, especially whole-body cryotherapy, should be avoided in the following cases:
- If you suffer from a respiratory disease
- History of myocardial infarction in the last year
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease or acute arrhythmias
- Circulatory disorders such as peripheral arterial or peripheral venous disease
- Anemic tumors
- History of stroke or cerebral hemorrhage
- History of seizures
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Bleeding disorders
- Acute or chronic kidney disease
- Metal implants or pacemakers
- Pediatric patients (under 18 years of age)
Age Limits For Cryotherapy
The general rule is that there is no age limit for cryotherapy; however, age-dependent aspects should be taken into account.
- It’s not recommended for adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Adults can be treated normally, with some exceptions with the exceptions mentioned above.
Use The Most Advanced Technology To Your Benefit
Give cryotherapy a try, and take advantage of the benefits it provides for you. Envious Ink offers the best cryotherapy treatment in Madisonville, KY. Our team and clinic are always looking for your comfort and offer state-of-the-art treatments to battle any condition you are looking to eliminate. If you want to experience the benefits, contact us now.